A Little Bit About Me

My photo
Amherst, Virginia, United States
i am a stay at home Mom to 5 children, I love to sew, quilt & stitch..I am a professional Cross Stitch model stitcher, I love to read, go antiquing and garden ~ ...kindly follow me on this journey!!

Are you a Lover of Cross Stitch Samplers?...

...do you not have time to stitch?
do you not stitch at all but would love a finished sampler from your favorite designer?
I would be happy to stitch a finished sampler for you...
please email me at martin-house@hotmail.com & I will be happy to confer with you regarding my quotes for stitching a special piece for you!!

Monday, October 18, 2010

My Niece's Wedding

We had a whirlwind wedding over the last 5 days..
Adam & Nikki Rippeth were married on 10/16/10 - the wedding was soo beautiful and the weather could not have been more perfect.  Natalie took photographs, they are awesome.  Nadia and I decorated, prepared food, setup, served, cleaned, and tore down....  Bella danced the night away, she kept up with the "big girls".  Nathan danced, ran, played, ran and ran some more.  Not to mention the 5 k walk/run we all did on the morning of the wedding, including the bride! 
It was so nice to see all my family together in one place, and not for a funeral.. Of course I CRIED!!! and cried some more (I can't help it). 
My niece loved her quilt, and my sisters did too!

One of my samplers on etsy was featured on the "To-be-treasured" site on etsy, which I don't know exactly what that means, but it sounds good...
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cbc35dfdad56d9144b3f5fa/to-be-treasured

And my famous 5 -
- I still love the Buckeyes, even though they lost..
- I am so thankful for my wonderful family and extended family, and it was so nice to see them all
- I am thankful that I was able to go and help my sister with the wedding, she has always done soo much for me
- I am thankful for all my children, they were such a big help as well.
- And my mom-in-law Nita and sis-in-law Jordan took care of all the animals while we were gone, so I'm sure they (the animals) are thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews